Bayern on Tuesday made a fourth bid of around £35 million for the 18-year-old Chelsea winger, who is refusing to sign a new deal at Stamford Bridge, but who the club are trying to persuade to stay.
Chelsea fear they are fighting a losing battle trying to keep the youngster, who played in Tuesday night’s Carabao Cup first leg semi-final defeat to Tottenham at Wembley.
Bayern Director of Football Hasan Salihamidzic said: “He is a very interesting player whom we really want to sign. He has qualities that fit into our game. He can dribble well and has a drive towards goal. He has a lot of potential.”
So far, Bayern have not broken any Fifa rules with Salihamidzic’s comments, but Chelsea sources have confirmed the club will consider reporting Bayern to Fifa if there is any evidence of an approach to Hudson-Odoi or his representatives.
But Chelsea’s pursuit of AC Milan striker Gonzalo Higuain got a massive boost on Wednesday night, as it emerged that the Argentine striker is furious at Milan Sporting Director Leonardo’s comments about him this week – and is prepared to force a move to the Premier League.
Leonardo said of the 31-year-old, who is Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri’s top target and whom Chelsea are in talks about signing from Juventus, who have loaned him to Milan: “He has to make a decision and take on his share of the responsibility. He needs to get down and actually do something for this team.”
Chelsea will have to take over the six months remaining of the loan, which will cost them £9m, and then a fee of around of £36m in the summer for a permanent deal. Higuain is keen to be reunited with his old Napoli coach.
Alvaro Morata, who Chelsea are willing to allow to leave this month if they can bring in a replacement, is in talks with Seville over a loan deal leading to a possible permanent move, but the two clubs are still some way apart on the fee.
Sevilla manager Pablo Machin said: “A problem? Not at all. Having Morata would be a bloody blessing for me. Many teams want him because he’s worth it. The aim of the club is clear: we want to bring the best in. If due to finances it can’t go ahead, nobody can feel frustrated. If we can’t, we will lower the bar a bit.”
Atletico Madrid though are also interested in the striker.
Besides Higuain, Chelsea also considering contract rebel Inter Milan striker Mauro Icardi, Bournemouth forward Callum Wilson, and Leicester’s Jamie Vardy.
Midfielder Cesc Fabregas, who has agreed a deal with Monaco, has seen his deal held up while Chelsea try to secure a replacement, with Cagliari’s Nicolo Barella and Zenit St Petersburg’s Leandro Paredes both targets.