WTO warns economic impact will be worse than 2008; Spanish death toll higher than China’s; Prince Charles tests positive. Follow the latest updates.
- Coronavirus latest: at a glance
- Coronavirus key questions: everything you need to know
- Death toll in Spain overtakes China as lockdowns extend around globe
- US coronavirus updates – live
- Australia coronavirus updates – live
- See all our coronavirus coverage
Still in Asia Pacific for now: two cruise ships off the coast of Western Australia have been told to “immediately” leave Australian waters, after the country’s worst outbreak of the coronavirus was traced to a cruise liner that docked in Sydney Harbour last week, Reuters reports.
Cruise ships have become a flash point for the epidemic in Australia after 147 of 2,700 passengers who disembarked from the Ruby Princess cruise ship in Sydney later tested positive for Covid-19.
It was just last month that Indonesia’s coronavirus cases stood at zero, with officials fiercely rejecting suggestions that infections were spreading undetected.