Arabic AR Chinese (Simplified) ZH-CN English EN French FR German DE Japanese JA Portuguese PT Russian RU Spanish ES Ukrainian UK

Additional remains of Sgt. La David Johnson found in Niger

Latest news

    Additional remains of U.S. soldier Sgt. La David Johnson were found on Nov. 12 at the site in Niger where his body was recovered, a U.S. official confirmed for ABC News.

    Johnson and three other U.S. soldiers were killed when their patrol of 12 U.S. and 30 Nigerien forces was ambushed by an ISIS-affiliated group when leaving the village of Tongo Tongo on Oct. 4.

    “We can confirm that the Armed Forces Medical Examiner has positively identified these remains as those of Sgt. Johnson,” Dana W. White, the chief Department of Defense spokesperson, said in a statement today. “The department continues to conduct a detailed and thorough investigation into the deaths of Staff Sgt. Bryan C. Black, Staff Sgt. Jeremiah W. Johnson, Staff Sgt. Dustin M. Wright and Sgt. La David T. Johnson. We extend our deepest condolences to all of the families of the fallen.”

    The U.S. official said Johnson’s family has been notified of the discovery.

    Last month Johnson’s widow, Myeshia Johnson, told ABC News she was prevented from viewing his remains before he was buried in his home state of Florida on Oct. 21.

    “Why couldn’t I see my husband? Every time I asked to see my husband, they wouldn’t let me,” Myeshia Johnson said in an Oct. 23 interview with “Good Morning America.” “They told me that he’s in a severe wrap — like, I won’t be able to see him. I need to see him so I will know that that is my husband.”

    She added, “They won’t show me a finger, a hand. I know my husband’s body from head to toe, and they won’t let me see anything. I don’t know what’s in that box. It could be empty for all I know, but I need to see my husband. I haven’t seen him since he came home.”

    A team of U.S. Africa Command and Nigerien military investigators visited the site of the ambush on Nov. 12 as part of the investigation, which the U.S. Army expects to conclude in January.

    “As part of its mission, the AFRICOM investigation team interviewed local villagers, conducted a physical examination of multiple areas of interest related to the attack and retraced actions leading up to, during and after this ambush,” U.S. Africa Command said in a press release.

    According to the U.S. official, Johnson’s body was not located until two days after the attack. In circumstances that remain unclear, he became separated from the rest of the patrol. The village later turned over his body to the Nigerien military.

    View the original article:

    Original story is here :

    In the same category are

    Protest planned after fatal police shooting of unarmed man Original story is here :
    Serial bombing suspect left 25-minute ‘confession’ on phone: Police The suspect in the series of bombings in Austin, Texas, allegedly left a 25-minute recording on his phone confessing to making seven bombs, Austin Pol...
    Police: Maryland school shooter apparently was lovesick teen Original story is here :
    Unarmed man killed by police who fired 20 rounds at him Stephon Clark was in his grandmother’s backyard, trying to get into the house Sunday night when two Sacramento police officers loosed a fusillade of 2...
    John Dowd, Trump’s lead Russia probe lawyer, resigns Original story is here :
    Fired FBI official authorized criminal probe of Sessions, sources say: EXCLUSIVE Original story is here :

    Leave a comment

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *