Court told woman was ‘raped and forced into prostitution’


Strabane courthouse
Image caption Strabane Magistrates’ Court was told the accused couple both strongly denied the charges against them

A woman rescued by police said she was raped and forced into prostitution after she arrived in Northern Ireland from Hungary, a court has heard.

A police officer outlined the case as a man and woman appeared before Strabane Magistrates’ Court on various charges.

Gyorgy Orsos and Evelyn Covacs, both of John Street, Dungannon, were charged with kidnapping and human trafficking for sexual exploitation.

Mr Orsos, 32, was also charged with two counts of raping the woman.


All the links in Encyclopedic.co.uk stories are in RED with a Square and arrow, follow the links if you need to get more information, All our stories have all the links back to the original source, we also have other versions of the story on our website, Search our site using the link to the top left, check them all so you can decide what is the truth or copy and paste some words into google and get even more sources.

Any external stories, features, news feeds, articles or external website content, linked to from within this website (through direct links or RSS feed boxes, etc.) are the absolute, and strict, copyright of the writers, owners or publishers concerned.

Search our Site 

www.google.com

The couple, who are originally from Hungary, were also jointly charged with controlling prostitution.

‘Locks on bedroom doors’

The police investigation began after concerns were raised about the safety of a woman in Dungannon, County Tyrone, two days ago.

A detective constable told the court that when officers visited a house on Tuesday it was in a poor condition.

They noticed locks on bedroom doors, both inside and out, and found boxes of condoms.

The court heard there were signs that one room was being used for prostitution.

When officers spoke to the alleged victim, she said she had been brought to Northern Ireland from Hungary seven months ago by the two defendants.

She told police she thought she would be getting a regular job with income to help look after her family back home.

‘Escort websites’

However, she claimed that Mr Orsos raped her on two occasions when she arrived and then she was forced to work in the sex trade.

The woman also told police that he smashed her mobile phone and stole her bank cards.

The court heard that his 20-year-old co-accused exploited the woman as a prostitute.

It was alleged Ms Covacs took her photo, placed adverts on escort websites and organised clients.

The woman told police all this was done against her will and both defendants were made aware of this but continued to use her in this way.

In addition to the kidnapping, human trafficking and controlling prostitution charges, Ms Covacs is further charged with concealing criminal property that was the proceeds of crime, namely money.

‘No criminal records’

Mr Orsos faces additional charges of stealing the alleged victim’s bankcard and destroying her mobile phone.

A defence solicitor said his clients had no criminal records and both strongly denied the offences.

He said they were a couple in a three-year relationship who arrived from Hungary without passports just over a year ago.

He said both had made prepared statements to police.

Bail was refused.

View the original article: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-39963681

Both defendants will appear again in court in Dungannon on 14 June.

Beware of other sites you have never heard of giving you news, a lot of them are just wanting to feed you multiple popup adverts and malware

Visit us on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/notinthemainstreamnews/
We use all our content under fair use to compare who is Fake and who is not, we do not claim ownership at all, all stories are published by the owners as FREE RSS Feeds.

Othen.bizRegisteredgites.com Giteinfrance.biz – Simonothen.com = Northernsoulers.uk – LaBataille.co.uk

In the same category are

Manchester bomber named by police Salman Abedi, 22, has been named by police as the suspected suicide bomber who killed 22 people and injured 59 at Manchester Arena on Monday night.A...
#MissinginManchester: The fake images circulating online Image copyright Samantha Shrewsbury Image caption Jayden Parkinson was murdered in 2013 but her photo has been widely shared as one of the missing ...
Samsung S8 ‘eye security’ fooled by photo Image copyright ccc Samsung's eye-scanning security technology, used on the new Galaxy S8 smartphone, has been fooled with a photograph and a contac...
Manchester attack: City reacts with resilience and support Messages of condolence and support have been sent by Manchester's public figures following the terror attack that killed 22 people and injured 59.Gr...
‘Stay strong our kid’: Manchester reacts to attack By BBC Trending Going in-depth on social media Image copyright Instagram In response to the suicide bombing at Manchester Arena, Mancunians and p...
Obituary: Sir Roger Moore Image copyright Getty Images Image caption Sir Roger Moore has died at the age of 89 following "a short but brave battle with cancer" Sir Roger Mo...
Talking to children about attack Image copyright Getty Images Image caption The attack in Manchester involved many children and young people News of a terrorist attack is always f...
Actor Sir Roger Moore dies aged 89 Image caption Roger Moore starred in Actor Sir Roger Moore, best known for playing James Bond, has died aged 89, his family has announced.He playe...
Rolf Harris will not give trial evidence, defence lawyer says Image copyright AFP/Getty Images Image caption Rolf Harris arriving at court on Monday after his release on Friday from Stafford Prison Rolf Harri...
Manchester attack: Take That cancel concert ‘out of respect’ Image caption Take That had been due to play in Liverpool on Tuesday evening Take That have cancelled a concert in Liverpool after Monday night's ...
Manchester attack: Jeremy Corbyn on ‘traumatic time’ Twenty-two people have been killed and 59 injured in what Theresa May called an "appalling, sickening, terrorist attack" at Manchester Arena.A lone ma...
‘It was my daughter’s first gig’ When the bomb went off at Manchester Arena, Sharon Hartley was outside in the car, waiting for her 14-year-old daughter, Ella, and her friends.Then El...
Nicola Sturgeon condemns ‘callous’ Manchester attack Nicola Sturgeon says the attack in Manchester is "cruel in its targeting of children and young people enjoying a music event".The first minister urged...
The community that rushed to help Image caption Manchester taxi driver AJ Singh: "Manchester we're glue and we stick together when it counts" Stories of random acts of kindness are...
Google’s AI takes on champion in fresh Go challenge Image copyright Google Image caption The game is being analysed and live-streamed on YouTube Google DeepMind's AI system, AlphaGo, has won the fi...
Manchester attack: First victim named as Georgina Callander Image copyright EPA A college student from Lancashire has become the first victim of the suicide attack at Manchester Arena to be named.Georgina Cal...
Exam boards say A-levels and GCSEs can be postponed Image copyright PA Exam boards are telling schools that they can re-arrange GCSE and A-level exams, in the wake of the Manchester attack.A joint sta...
Manchester bombing: Trump calls attacker a ‘loser’ Image copyright AFP / Getty Images Image caption US President Donald Trump made the comments at the start of his press conference in the West Bank...
City reacts to suicide attack Image copyright Christopher Furlong Image caption The streets of Manchester are deserted in the wake of the attack at the arena I knew this mornin...
James Corden pays emotional tribute to Manchester following attack James Corden has shared an emotional tribute to Manchester on social media, following an attack at an Ariana Grande concert which has left 22 people d...

Special Promotion

Fancy a holiday in rural France ?

Find your ideal holiday accommodation in France, with peace of mind that all our properties are officially registered

Our aim is to provide potential holiday makers with a choice of properties, all of which are officially recognised by the French authorities as holiday lettings.  Every gite and holiday accommodation on our website is registered in France in one of two ways. It is either registered with the local Mayor as a tourism/short stay property or is is registered as a holiday letting business in France and so has a SIRET number. We will not advertise any properties unless we have seen evidence of this. If you want anymore information about this, please do contact us.

Follow us on Twitter 


Dont forget to “Like” us on Facebook


Other Video sections include:  Disclose TV – Twit Podcasts – Coming Soon our own Youtube Channel

We also recommend the excellent “No Agenda Podcast”  with Adam Curry & John C Dvorak


Comment on this story