Arabic AR Chinese (Simplified) ZH-CN English EN French FR German DE Japanese JA Portuguese PT Russian RU Spanish ES Ukrainian UK

Duterte calls ‘chubby-faced’ Kim Jong-un a ‘fool who plays with dangerous toys’

Latest news

    View the original article: https://www.rt.com/news/398333-duterte-insults-kim-fool/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=RSS

    Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte has slammed Kim Jong-un as a “fool” and a “son of a b**ch” who is “playing with dangerous toys.” It comes just days before a meeting of 27 foreign ministers which will likely address the North Korean standoff.

    Read more

    ‘Don’t f**k with us!’: Duterte’s most virulent insults about his fiercest critics

    “This Kim Jong-un, a fool…he is playing with dangerous toys, that fool,” Duterte told tax officials in a Wednesday speech, as quoted by Reuters.

    “That chubby face that looks kind. That son of a b**ch. If he commits a mistake, the Far East will become an arid land. It must be stopped, this nuclear war.

    “A limited confrontation and it blows up here, I will tell you, the fallout can deplete the soil, the resources and I don’t know what will happen to us.”

    His comments come just days before the Philippines is set to host the South East Asian Nations (ASEAN) Regional Forum, which will bring together the foreign ministers of 27 countries – including the US, North Korea and South Korea. The meeting is almost certain to include discussions on the North Korean standoff.

    The Wednesday remarks are not the first time that Duterte – known for his outspoken and often controversial rhetoric – has slammed Kim over his nuclear ambitions.

    In April, Duterte questioned the North Korean leader’s sanity, urging the US to show restraint and not become riled over a man who “wants to end the world.”

    Read more

    Duterte vows ‘jail or hell’ for addicts & dealers in war on drugs

    The comments come after North Korea claimed to have launched two intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBMs) in recent weeks.

    The Pentagon has backed Pyongyang’s claims that the missiles were indeed ICBMs, although Russia says they were likely medium-range ballistic missiles.

    Duterte – who is most known for his controversial war on drugs which has led to the deaths of more than 8,000 people – has consistently made headlines for his no-holds-barred opinions. His most recent statements include calling Britain’s Oxford University a “school for stupid people” and calling the US a “lousy” country. 

    Last month, he warned Islamist militants fighting in the country that he would “eat their livers” in front of them, after seasoning them with salt and vinegar. 

    Duterte’s other outbursts include calling former US President Barack Obama a “son of a b**ch/whore,” accusing the Catholic Church of being “full of s**t,” and threatening to “burn down the United Nations.”

    In the same category are

    ‘Mission complete’: Kim Jong-un says no need for further nuclear & missile tests North Korea’s nuclear and ballistic missile programs have allowed the country to secure strategic stability and peace, so there is no need for additio...
    Path to denuclearization? North Korea announces 6 pivotal decisions Pyongyang has declared a new strategic course for the country, announcing an indefinite suspension of all nuclear and ballistic missile tests, in the ...
    ‘Very good news & big progress!’ Trump welcomes Kim’s nuke test freeze announcement US President Donald Trump has reacted with optimism to North Korea’s announcement of its change of course and its immediate and indefinite nuclear tes...
    Natalie Portman ‘unworthy of any honor’ says Israeli politician An Israeli government minister has called for actress Natalie Portman to be stripped of her Israeli citizenship, after she refused to attend the Genes...
    DNC lawsuit against Russia & Trump promises ‘tantalizingly fascinating’ blowback The Democratic National Committee’s lawsuit against Russia, WikiLeaks and the Trump campaign is spurious and might spectacularly backfire, provided it...
    Over 230 detained in Armenia as mass opposition protests continue (PHOTOS) At least 233 people have been detained by police in the Armenian capital, Yerevan amid mass opposition protests against former President Serzh Sargsya...

    Leave a comment

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *