- Was the Manchester Terror Attack a ‘False Flag’?A viral conspiracy video has emerged spreading a false rumor that a suicide bombing attack at an Ariana Grande concert was a hoax.
- Guardian Reporter Says Montana House Candidate ‘Body Slammed’ HimSheriff's deputies are investigating an incident in which Republican candidate Greg Gianforte allegedly knocked Ben Jacobs to the ground.
- Dangerous Cosmic Rays Will Pass Close to Earth ‘Tonight’?This claim has been around for years and makes no scientific sense whatsoever.
- Was Trump the First U.S. President to Visit the Western Wall?President Trump was the first sitting president to visit the Jewish holy site, but other presidents visited before or after they were in office.
- Carrier Plant Trump ‘Rescued’ Will Lay Off Hundreds by ChristmasThe president had promised he would stop the exodus of jobs from Indiana to a facility in Mexico.
- Woman Found on Clinton Estate Dead, Tortured, and Malnourished?A "satirical" web site published a fake story of questionable taste.
- Were These Women Found Guilty of Witchcraft in Early 20th Century China?A photograph showing three women in a "cangue" is often shared with a fictional backstory about witchcraft.
- Did Ariana Grande Offer to Pay for the Funerals of the Manchester Bombing Victims?An internet rumor from a dubious source has been repeated by news outlets in the UK and beyond.
- Samsung Pays Apple $1 Billion in Nickels?Reports that Samsung paid off a $1.05 billion judgment awarded to Apple in a patent infringement lawsuit entirely in nickels are fake news.
- Everything Donald Trump Has Accomplished in Just Four Months?We looked into the accuracy of a viral list touting President Trump's accomplishments during his first four months in office.
All these posts are from popular fact check websites, and are a guide to what is true on the internet, or is it ?
A: No. That story was made up by a “HYBRID site of news and satire.”
FULL QUESTION Are eminent Hollywood celebrities preparing for a massive strike in Hollywood until Trump resigns? FULL ANSWER Months after it ... Read More
- ... Read More
A: No. That is yet another story from a prolific satirical website.
FULL QUESTION Did a Clinton Foundation cargo ship get caught smuggling people from Syria, drugs and illegal fruit? FULL ANSWER Facebook users have flagged ... Read More
Chris Murphy – Mostly True: Trump uses Russia's 'law firm of the year' to counter claim he's too close to Russia
Richard Blumenthal – GOP health care bill 'yanks tax credits away from veterans,' Sen. Blumenthal says
Donald Trump – Donald Trump mentions tax deductions 'for birds flying across America,' and he should know
A: No. The bill doesn’t identify any preexisting conditions, and it says insurers can’t deny coverage to individuals who have them. But insurers could charge more for medical conditions in certain cases. FULL QUESTION Would rape ... Read More
Donald Trump – Donald Trump’s Mostly False claim that James Clapper said no collusion found in Russia probe
- The official White House statement on May 9 said Trump “acted based on the clear recommendations” of the attorney general and deputy attorney general. But Trump, ... Read More
- Sanders wrongly claimed that former Director ... Read More
Jeff Sessions – Fact-check: AG Jeff Sessions claims district attorneys charge immigrants for lesser crimes
FULL QUESTION Is it true that Trump tweeted that he will deport Native Indians back to India? FULL ANSWER President Donald Trump did not tweet that he wants ... Read More
A: No. That false claim piggybacks on a fake news story that we already wrote about.
FULL QUESTION Has Marian Robinson, Barack Obama’s mother-in-law, been charged with grand larceny and fraud for accepting money from the ... Read More
Raul Labrador – Raul Labrador's claim that no one dies from lack of health care access: Pants on Fire
A: For procedural reasons, the bill passed by House Republicans exempted lawmakers from some of its effects. But a stand-alone bill passed unanimously would do away with that exemption if the legislation becomes ... Read More
Ivanka Trump – Ivanka Trump's new book includes quote falsely (and frequently) attributed to John Quincy Adams
- Trump said that the U.S. “pays billions of dollars” for the Paris Agreement, but China, Russia and India have paid “nothing.” The U.S. has pledged $3 billion, but so far has paid $500 ... Read More
A: No. A fake news story attributed that statement to Trump.
FULL ANSWER The fake news story “Trump Warns Russia Over Jehovah’s Witnesses Ban and Urges Members ... Read More
- Trump, who is seeking to renegotiate the North American Free Trade Agreement, falsely ... Read More
Fancy a holiday in rural France ?
Find your ideal holiday accommodation in France, with peace of mind that all our properties are officially registered
Our aim is to provide potential holiday makers with a choice of properties, all of which are officially recognised by the French authorities as holiday lettings. Every gite and holiday accommodation on our website is registered in France in one of two ways. It is either registered with the local Mayor as a tourism/short stay property or is is registered as a holiday letting business in France and so has a SIRET number. We will not advertise any properties unless we have seen evidence of this. If you want anymore information about this, please do contact us.