Four boys held in Leicester murder investigation


King Street, LeicesterImage copyright Google
Image caption Appealing for witnesses, police said the area where the man was found was busy at the time

Four boys aged 14 and 15 have been arrested on suspicion of murdering a man in his 60s.

The victim was found injured in King Street, Leicester, on 2 September and died on Friday, prompting a murder investigation.

Three 14-year-olds and a 15-year-old are now in police custody.

Officers said post-mortem tests had been carried out and they were still looking into the cause of death of the man, who police have not identified.

Det Insp Michelle Keen, from East Midlands Special Operations Unit major crime team, said: “The victim was found injured around 10pm on 2 September.

View the original article: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-41298813

“We know the King Street area would have been busy, with many people in and around the area, if you witnessed the incident please get in touch.”

In the same category are

Invictus Games: Harry and Meghan Markle seen hand-in-hand Image copyright Reuters Prince Harry and his girlfriend, actor Meghan Markle, have appeared holding hands in public for the first time.They were see...
Snorkelling benefits cheat sentenced for ‘barefaced lies’ Media playback is unsupported on your device Media captionHoey was photographed snorkelling on holiday while claiming she could barely walkA benefit...
Third of state schools in cash deficit Image copyright Getty Images Image caption There are 9,000 schools in deficit, according to an answer revealed by ministers "We're trying to opera...
Prince Harry and Trudeau’s photographer are lookalikes Image copyright Courtesy Adam Scotti/Twitter Image caption Prince Harry, right, and photographer Adam Scotti, left - or is it the other way round? ...
Canada groom saves child from drowning in river Image copyright Hatt Photography / Facebook A wedding photoshoot in Canada took an unexpectedly dramatic turn as the groom leapt into a river to sav...
North Korea accuses US of declaring war North Korea's foreign minister has accused the US of declaring war on his country.Ri Yong-ho told reporters in New York that North Korea reserved th...

Dont forget to “Like” us on Facebook


Need something to share, visit our sister site for the

‘News in the last 30 days”

in a clear concise package ….

 

If you are an artist or interested in art, visit our art website and read about todays artscene and browse some of our artist profiles

 

Comment on this story