Arabic AR Chinese (Simplified) ZH-CN English EN French FR German DE Japanese JA Portuguese PT Russian RU Spanish ES Ukrainian UK

Hong Kong: Man dies at haunted house attraction

Latest news

    People queue for the haunted house at Halloween event at Ocean Park on October 30, 2015 in Hong Kong. HalloweeImage copyright Getty Images
    Image caption The annual Halloween Fest has been running since 2001

    A 21-year-old has died after reportedly being struck by a mechanical object while walking through a haunted house attraction in Hong Kong.

    The man, identified only by his surname Cheung, was found unconscious five minutes after entering the Buried Alive ride at Ocean Park.

    He was later confirmed dead in hospital, police said.

    Park officials say he had wandered into a restricted area, with local media reporting he was struck by a coffin.

    The ride is part of the amusement park’s annual Halloween Fest, with this particular ride promising visitors the “experience being buried alive alone, before fighting their way out of their dark and eerie grave”, according to the website.

    According to local media, visitors are supposed to get inside a coffin-turned-slide.

    Mr Cheung was among a group getting an early look at the rides on offer at this year’s Halloween-themed festival, which begins on 5 October.

    View the original article:

    Police said an investigation was ongoing, while the ride has closed until further notice.

    In the same category are

    Footloose to be preserved for posterity Image copyright Moviestore/REX/Shutterstock Image caption The 1984 film starred Kevin Bacon, as a teenager who rebels against a small town that's b...
    Pope Francis to visit Ireland in August Pope Francis is to visit Ireland in August - the first papal visit to the country for almost 40 years.He will arrive in Dublin as the city hosts of ...
    Manchester United: Song sheets and ‘cheerleader’ ideas discussed by club Boss Jose Mourinho has previously called Old Trafford a "quiet ground"Song sheets and continental-style 'cheerleaders' with megaphones are among the ...
    Australian Grand Prix: Daniel Ricciardo eyes Red Bull statement of intent Daniel Ricciardo has twice finished third in the drivers' championship (2014 and 2016)Australian Grand Prix on the BBCDates: 23-25 March. Circuit: Al...
    Austin bombings: Suspect dead, say US media Image copyright Reuters Image caption Police investigate an incident involving explosives in Austin on Tuesday A suspect linked with a series of d...
    Kidnapped Dapchi schoolgirls ‘freed in Nigeria’ Image copyright Reuters Image caption The girls were taken from a boarding school in Dapchi, Yobe state, in February Many of the Nigerian schoolgi...

    Leave a comment

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *