US eyes eight possible strike targets in Syria as Trump says decision is ‘coming soon’

Latest news

    President Trump commented on the situation saying: “We’re looking very, very seriously, very closely at that whole situation and we’ll see what happens folks.”

    The eight possible targets reportedly include two Syrian airfields, a research centre and a chemical weapons facility, according to a source.

    Mr Trump reinforced his threat of military action in a tweet on Wednesday, stating: “Russia vows to shoot down any and all missiles fired at Syria. Get ready Russia, because they will be coming, nice and new and “smart!

    “You shouldn’t be partners with a Gas Killing Animal who kills his people and enjoys it!”

    The US administration has however been quick to state that a final decision on whether the US plans to take military action has not yet been reached.

    White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said: “We are continuing to assess intelligence and are engaged in conversations with our partners and allies.”

    President Trump appeared to confirm this statement in a Tweet, in which he said: “Never said when an attack on Syria would take place. Could be very soon or not so soon at all!

    “In any event, the United States, under my Administration, has done a great job of ridding the region of ISIS. Where is our ‘Thank you America?’”

    The US leader has since spoken to British Prime Minister Theresa May on Thursday, and they agreed “on the need to deter the further use of chemical weapons by the Assad regime.”

    He was also due to speak with French President Emmanuel Macron, who said France had proof the Syrian government carried out the attack near Damascus, which aid groups have said killed dozens of people, and will decide whether to strike back when all the necessary information has been gathered.

    “We have proof that last week … chemical weapons were used, at least with chlorine, and that they were used by the regime of Bashar al-Assad,” Macron said, without offering details of any evidence.

    The UK Government has also vowed to stand alongside France and the US in their response to the crisis, after Mrs May convened an emergency Cabinet meeting to gain full cabinet support form her ministers to proceed with military action.

    An official statement released by Downing Street following the meeting stated: “Following a discussion in which every member present made a contribution, cabinet agreed it was vital that the use of chemical weapons did not go unchallenged.”

    They also agreed “on the need to take action to alleviate humanitarian distress.”

    Mrs May herself commented on the crisis, saying: “We have been working to get an understanding of what happened on the ground. We are rapidly reaching that understanding.

    “All the indications are that the Syrian regime was responsible and we will be working with our closest allies on how we can ensure that those who are responsible are held to account.

    View the original article: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/daily-express-world-news/~3/7POOCjCLcIo/world-war-3-US-Donald-Trump-eight-possible-targets-Syria-crisis-Assad

    The UK has since ordered the Royal Navy to move its submarines within missile range of Syria, and Tornado jets were pictured being re-fuelled at RAF Marham in Norfolk ahead of potentially being deployed to join other RAF colleagues at a base in Cyprus.

    In the same category are

    Plastic found in HUMAN POO: Toxic materials eaten as ocean waste sparks dangerous risks Volunteers from eight countries participated in a Europe-wide study to test dangerous particles present in the human digestive system. Researchers te...
    EU ON BRINK: Brussels to take FREAK action against Italy over budget – Rome to FIGHTBACK The European Commission will demand the Italian government revisits its draft budget plans to run at a deficit in breach of EU fiscal rules. Italy is...
    Costa Del Sol declared DISASTER AREA: Floods destroy parts of Malaga The holiday resort of Estepona – where around 2,000 people were trapped in their homes on a residential estate a short drive from the coast after an ...
    MH370 latest: ‘Crash site’ surrounded by ‘armed illegal loggers’ – shock claim Ian Wilson and his brother, Jack, will be trekking through the dangerous regions of the Cambodian Jungle in search for MH370, after claiming they spo...
    Jamal Khashoggi latest: Donald Trump BELIEVES Saudi ‘FIST FIGHT’ murder explanation The US commander-in-chief conceded the Saudi prosecutor’s version of events - that Mr Khashoggi had been murdered after a ‘fist fight’ fracas in the ...
    World War 3: Trump vows ‘VERY SEVERE’ response to Saudi Arabia threat – ‘Bad, bad stuff’ Turkish officials have accused Saudi Arabia of murdering the journalist in the building and removing his body. Saudi Arabia has so far denied the cla...

    Leave a comment

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.