WaPo Updates Report After Gorka Sets Record Straight on Tillerson ‘Fake News’

Latest news

    Dr. Sebastian Gorka, a top adviser to President Donald Trump on national security, set the record straight after the Washington Post ran a political analysis insinuating that Gorka was dismissing Secretary of State Rex Tillerson’s role in the Trump administration.

    “For those worried that President Trump might get into nuclear war with North Korea, Secretary of State Rex Tillerson provided some solace Wednesday,” the Post reported.

    “Americans should sleep well at night,” Tillerson said, tempering Trump’s promise to unleash “fire and fury” on North Korea if it continued to threaten the United States. Tillerson emphasized that no conflict was imminent,” the Post reported.

    “But now another Trump administration voice is suggesting that we shouldn’t pay Tillerson much mind,” the Post reported, referring to an interview Gorka gave on BBC radio.

    “You should listen to the president; the idea that Secretary Tillerson is going to discuss military matters is simply nonsensical,” Gorka said. “It is the job of Secretary Mattis, the secretary of defense, to talk about the military options, and he has done so unequivocally.”

    ‘Woe betide anyone who militarily challenges the United States,’ and that is his portfolio” Gorka said. “That is his mandate.

    “Secretary Tillerson is the chief diplomat of the United States, and it is his portfolio to handle those issues,” Gorka said.

    The Post went so far as to say Tillerson was receiving the same treatment from Gorka as Attorney General Jeff Sessions has received from the president.

    “It looks like more backbiting and internal discord,” said the Post.

    View the original article: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/breitbart/~3/ojYEW7L6DUk/

    But an update has been added to the Post’s story, clarifying that the way Gorka’s comments were reported was fake news:

    Update: Gorka is now saying his comments have been misconstrued and that he was merely saying the media shouldn’t ask Tillerson questions about military matters. “I said for reporters to force our chief diplomat — the amazing Rex Tillerson — to give details of military options is nonsensical. He is the secretary of state. … I was admonishing the journalist of the fake news-industrial complex … who are demanding that he make the military case for action.”

    In the same category are

    Exclusive — House Science Committee Chair: ‘We Need to Be Ready for Attacks in Space’ Asked about the role private individuals like SpaceX CEO Elon Musk may play in the U.S.’s new program — especially given SpaceX’s recent decision to i...
    Sources: Mattis Says NATO Summit ‘One of the Most Productive’ He Has Ever Attended Defense Secretary Jim Mattis told members of Congress in a private meeting this week that the recent NATO summit was “one of the most productive” he h...
    ‘USA Today’ Drops Cheri Jacobus over Pedophilia Tweet Cheri Jacobus was dropped by USA Today late Thursday after the Never Trump columnist attacked a former Trump staffer’s daughters with the suggestion t...
    Two-Thirds of Michael Cohen’s Disputed Communications with Trump Covered By Attorney-Client Privilege Special master Barbara Jordan ruled Thursday that nearly two-thirds of the documents that Michael Cohen, a former lawyer for President Donald Trump, h...
    Nancy Pelosi Slams Trump for Inviting Vladimir Putin to Washington House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) slammed President Donald Trump on Friday for inviting Russian President Vladimir Putin to Washington, D.C., ...
    Exclusive – Darrell Issa: FBI Probably Hacked the Russian Hackers to Gather Evidence Rep. Darrell Issa (R-CA) described last week’s grand jury indictment of 12 Russian military intelligence operatives — via allegations and information ...

    Leave a comment

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.