a reply to: roncoallstar
I think it’s exactly what you should expect him to do – name the sources. I’d also expect things to be explained properly not just have an arrow or a circle and expect me to guess what I’m looking at.
I made a start when that video first appeared but frankly I got bored. It become obvious several of the ‘100’ are actually duplicates and some of the are not even of our moon. The vast majority of the features are just blemishes in the original images and if they existed would be clearly visible from Earth. Here’s what I started.
1. From www.lpi.usra.edu… – would be visible from Earth. Transmission error in the image, one of many on that photo. Not seen on LOIV images of same area or more importantly on the medium resolution image taken at exactly the same time.
3. This is actually Iapetus, one of Saturn’s moons.
4. Lunar orbiter image – blobs are from the developing process, which was done in lunar orbit before the image was scanned and the result transmitted to Earth.
5. Delporte crater – I’ve dealt with this here as it appeared in a Syfy channel programme onebigmonkey.com…
6 Euctemon crater near north pole. Lunar Orbiter image used at planetary gazetteer site. It’s an error in the image itself and is not shown in other LO images of the same place.
7. Part of Tycho crater www.youtube.com… and is just a result of poor quality image
8. Peak in Tycho crater casting a shadow www.ufosightingsdaily.com… – again just a product of poor quality image and pareidolia.
10. Boulder trail, actually very common – www.universetoday.com…
11. Apollo 15 CSM taken from the LM – www.lpi.usra.edu…
12. De Moraes crater – error in the LO image www.ufosightingsdaily.com…
14. Copernicus crater – Lunar Orbiter image of the century.
15. Boulder trail – same image as 10.
16. Hoagland fakery and image manipulation of Apollo 14 image
17. LO image.
18. No info given, possibly not even the moon. Edit: This is actually Petavius crater on the moon and was taken by astrophotographer Daman Peach www.damianpeach.com…
19. 3:02 – unknown location
20. Streak across moon – flock of birds!
21: Same as 13
22: Faked China image Murchison crater – dealt with here onebigmonkey.com…
Skipping through to the end there is the old faithful image from Apollo sowing the EVA light attached to the CSM, which is habitually claimed to be a UFO www.nasa.gov…
edit on 2/7/2017 by OneBigMonkeyToo because: added info