Breaking

Report: Michael Cohen Will Likely Cooperate with Prosecutors After Losing Lawyers

Latest news

    Michael Cohen will likely cooperate with federal prosecutors in wake of reports the longtime lawyer for Donald Trump is no longer being represented by the law firm handling his case.

    “As attorneys for Michael Cohen rush to meet Judge Kimba Wood’s Friday deadline to complete a privilege review of over 3.7 million documents seized in the April 9 raids of Cohen’s New York properties and law office, a source representing this matter has disclosed to ABC News that the law firm handling the case for Cohen is not expected to represent him going forward,” ABC News reports.

    Todd Harrison and Stephen Ryan of McDermott, Will & Emery LLP attorneys represented Cohen until now.

    Cohen is reportedly telling associates he expects to be arrested “any day now.” When reached for comment by Vanity Fair, the lawyer replied, “Your alleged source is wrong!”

    Cohen — whose office, home, and hotel in New York were raided by FBI agents in April — is under investigation for wire fraud, bank fraud, and campaign finance violations.

    Ryan previously blasted the raids in a statement, calling them “completely inappropriate and unnecessary.”

    “It resulted in the unnecessary seizure of protected attorney-client communications between a lawyer and his clients. These government tactics are also wrong because Mr. Cohen has cooperated completely with all government entities, including providing thousands of non-privileged documents to the Congress and sitting for depositions under oath,” Ryan added.

    President Trump has criticized the raids, referred by special counsel Robert Mueller, calling them a “disgrace.”

    View the original article: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/breitbart/~3/O8c_P9FizXQ/

    “They continue to just go forward, and here we are talking about Syria… and I have this witch hunt constantly going on, for over 12 months now, and actually much more than that. You could say it was right after I won the nomination, it started. And it’s a disgrace. It’s frankly, a real disgrace. It’s an attack on our country in a true sense. It’s an attack on what we all stand for,” Trump told reporters following a meeting with Cabinet members.

    In the same category are

    Immigration Expert Jessica Vaughan: Four Ways Trump Can Solve Migrant Caravan Crisis Jessica Vaughan, director of policy studies at the Center for Immigration Studies, offered four recommendations to President Donald Trump and his admi...
    Durbin: Trump Is ‘The Only Person on Earth’ Who Accepts Saudi Arabia’s Story on Journalist Death Sunday on NBC’s “Meet the Press,” Sen. Dick Durbin (D-IL) said President Donald Trump was the “only person on earth” who accepted Saudi Arabia’s story...
    Rob Reiner: Trump ‘Continues to Aid and Abet a Murder’ Film director Rob Reiner has claimed, without evidence, that President Donald Trump is involved in aiding and abetting a murder, presumably in referen...
    Ben Sasse: We Need a President Who Does ‘Not Pretend That Beating Up a Reporter Is OK Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union,” Sen. Ben Sasse (R-NE) said President Donald Trump’s compliment of Rep. Greg Gianforte (R-MT) for assaulting a re...
    LA Mayor Garcetti: Trump Is ‘Hostile’ to Working People, His Administration’s ‘Values Are Cruel’ Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union,” Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti President Donald Trump is “hostile” to Latinos and “working people in America.” ...
    Donald Trump: The ‘Fake News’ Media Are Making People Go ‘Loco’ President Donald Trump attacked the “fake news” media for making people go “loco” at a rally in Nevada Saturday. Trump joked about how he will be crit...

    Leave a comment

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.