Arabic AR Chinese (Simplified) ZH-CN English EN French FR German DE Japanese JA Portuguese PT Russian RU Spanish ES Ukrainian UK

Sandy Hook ‘hoax’ claim: Alex Jones sued by parents of massacre victims

Latest news

    Parents of two children killed in the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre are suing Infowars frontman Alex Jones for defamation. Jones has consistently claimed the shooting was a hoax and the parents of the victims are actors.

    The 2012 shooting, perpetrated by 20-year-old Adam Lanza, resulted in the deaths of 20 elementary school children and six adults. Despite this, noted right-wing conspiracy theorist Jones continues to insist it was a “giant hoax” and those behind it are advocates for gun control.

    The first of two lawsuits, filed in Austin, Texas, where Jones resides and from where he broadcasts his Infowars show, was filed by Leonard Pozner and his ex-wife, Veronique De La Rosa, whose son Noah Pozner was killed.

    The second was filed by Neil Heslin whose son Jesse was murdered, both boys were six years old. The parents are seeking $1 million in damages from Jones and his company Infowars and Free Speech Systems LLC.

    Read more

    FBI files reveal Sandy Hook shooter interested in pedophilia

    Both suits relate to comments made last year by Jones. The first of which occurs during an Infowars segment, aired last April, entitled ‘Sandy Hook Vampires Exposed.’ In the show Jones references an interview given by De La Rosa, after the murders, with CNN’s Anderson Cooper.

    During the piece Cooper’s nose seems to disappear leading Jones to claim that they are both actors and his nose “disappears repeatedly because the green screen isn’t set right.” In June, during a profile of Jones, NBC’s Megyn Kelly interviews Heslin, who tells her that: “I lost my son. I buried my son. I held my son with a bullet hole through his head.”

    Jones later took umbrage with this statement claiming that: “Quite frankly, the father (Heslin) needs to clarify, NBC needs to clarify, because the coroner said none of the parents were allowed to touch the kids or see the kids and maybe meaning at the school. I’m sure later maybe the parents saw their children.”

    Despite the lawsuits, conspiracy-laden articles and videos relating to Sandy Hook continue to appear on the Infowars site and YouTube channel. One claims that the FBI says that no one was killed in the massacre and another claims that Sandy Hook officials are “running scared” having been “caught” in a “cover-up.”

    View the original article: https://www.rt.com/usa/424409-jones-sued-parents-sandy-hook/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=RSS

    Like this story? Share it with a friend!

    In the same category are

    George Soros to close his Budapest office amid ‘political hostility’ – report George Soros' Open Society Foundations (OSF) will close their office in Budapest and move Eastern European operations to Germany, citing the “politica...
    In historic first, Senator brings newborn baby into hallowed chamber, inspires vote Senator Tammy Duckworth (D-Illinois) made history on Thursday when she became the first member to bring her newborn baby onto the floor of the US Sena...
    Iran warns Washington of ‘unpleasant’ consequences if it unilaterally scraps nuclear deal Tehran has once again warned the US against a withdrawal from the internationally-backed 2015 nuclear deal, with the country’s FM reportedly saying th...
    ‘Symbolic move, huge benefits’: Romania to relocate its Israel embassy to Jerusalem The Romanian government has adopted a memorandum to officially transfer the country’s embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, according to the l...
    Russian ambassador meets new US national security adviser Bolton The newly-appointed White House national security adviser John Bolton has met with Russian Ambassador Anatoly Antonov to discuss the US-Russia relatio...
    US media’s love affair with war: Major outlets showed zero opposition to Syria strikes – survey Media cheerleading for foreign conflict is nothing new. Coverage of President Trump’s latest airstrikes on Syria was no different, with no major newsp...

    Leave a comment

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *